Is it possible to enable html formatting for incoming email in service desk?

Mamuka February 4, 2016

In my organization the email channel is the major one when users request for support and most of the users use html emails with screenshots and tables in the email body. Unfortunately, based on my tests JIRA SD doesn't handle nicely such formats and converts body to plain text, loosing most of the formatting (colors, bold, tables etc) and message becomes difficult to read and understand.

Is there a way to enable html formatting of incoming emails to JIRA Service Desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2016

Hi Mamuka

There's a feature request in order to allow HTML/Rich text formating in tickets created through email in Service Desk as you can see here. Please feel free to vote and comment on the request. You can refer to Implementation of New Features Policy in order to better understand how development team analyses and prioritizes the requests we submit.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Michael Kobert November 12, 2021

Hey @Paula Silveira

can you please double check this issue. The assignee and reporter are already inactive and to be honest, since the assignee is affected I feel like this ticket is completely lost.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1942

A 5+ year old ticket without any update from your side...come on...

And yes, I've read through Implementation of New Features Policy 

Michael Kobert March 24, 2022
Dominik Březina June 29, 2022

6 years! How comes this hasn´t been included! Or why there isn´t any known workaround!

We and our customers use html formatted emails and everytime someone sends them into JSM the formatting gets screwed and hard to read. What are email handlers in JSM good for then?

Suggest an answer