Is it possible to email all Service Desk users (aka customers)?

K. Thomas Pickard December 8, 2016

Hello,

We would like to send email to all our users to let them know about a new software release.

Does Service Desk support this functionality?

Thank you,

– Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

Thomas, ah yes of course. Those users that are restricted to portal access (customers) cannot be put into a group. It would be good if they supported "Organization" for broadcast email. Might be worth checking if there is an existing suggesting open and if not create one. Certainly there is the option to export customers into CSV and then create a DL. Not ideal but it works. This does seem like a feature that should be supported.

K. Thomas Pickard December 9, 2016

Agreed – we'll export and send email externally for now. Thank you for confirming.

Cheers,

– Thomas

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2016

Thomas,

i don't have standalone JSD installed so this may not be the same for you. Try the following...

JIRA Administration > System > Mail > Send email

K. Thomas Pickard December 8, 2016

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response. We explored that area before, and it turns out that you can email groups (including "jira-servicedesk-users", which include all internal users of Service Desk).

The group idea is correct, but it does not extend to "customers," that is, external users (people who have signed-up with an account to access the knowledge base, for example).

I think this limitation is by design, but I would love to learn otherwise.

Thank you,

– Thomas

Suggest an answer