Is it possible to email all Service Desk users (aka customers)?

Hello,

We would like to send email to all our users to let them know about a new software release.

Does Service Desk support this functionality?

Thank you,

– Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 09, 2016

Thomas, ah yes of course. Those users that are restricted to portal access (customers) cannot be put into a group. It would be good if they supported "Organization" for broadcast email. Might be worth checking if there is an existing suggesting open and if not create one. Certainly there is the option to export customers into CSV and then create a DL. Not ideal but it works. This does seem like a feature that should be supported.

Agreed – we'll export and send email externally for now. Thank you for confirming.

Cheers,

– Thomas

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 08, 2016

Thomas,

i don't have standalone JSD installed so this may not be the same for you. Try the following...

JIRA Administration > System > Mail > Send email

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response. We explored that area before, and it turns out that you can email groups (including "jira-servicedesk-users", which include all internal users of Service Desk).

The group idea is correct, but it does not extend to "customers," that is, external users (people who have signed-up with an account to access the knowledge base, for example).

I think this limitation is by design, but I would love to learn otherwise.

Thank you,

– Thomas

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

163 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you