Is it possible to dynamically populate auto complete proposals for a text field?

Lisa Baumann January 28, 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to dynamically populate auto complete proposals for a text field by the means of JIRA Script Runner? Is there another way to realize this?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

Hi,

I think you need to write own plugin to autocomplete text field with your proposal using javascript. On marketplace there are several plugins that do this for example (in my opinion the best one) issue-template. You need to just select your predefined template (proposal of value) and that all you need to do. You can also autocomplete many others fields not only  text field. Here you have documentation.

I hope i have helped you.

0 votes
Lisa Baumann January 30, 2015

Hi,

thank you for your hint. I ended up with writing my own custom field type.

Geoff Saulnier April 18, 2017

Hi Lisa.

Any chance you could share what you came up with?  This sounds like exactly the same thing I am trying to do...  would save me reinventing the wheel!

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.

0 votes
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

Hi Lisa, Some questions to clarify a little bit your scenario... - When would you need to populate the list and from where are those values coming from? - How many entries could that field have?

Suggest an answer