Is it possible to display tickets with the 'depends-on' link to tickets in particular projects?

Adam Saunders April 6, 2018

I am looking to pull a JQL that shows me all tickets in my project that have the 'Depends-on' link to tickets in a particular set of teams' backlogs (projects).

My team works closely with 5 other dev teams and we all want to surface dependencies in our scrum of scrums.

But one of these teams is a support team and they have a lot of projects linking to them using this linkage type - so it would be good to only show the tickets that linked by the other 5 teams.

We have the scriptrunner plugin)

(I currently have the following:

project = 'ABC' AND Fixversion = 'FY18Q3' and status not in (CLOSED) and issueFunction in hasLinks("Depends on")

Thanks in advance :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

Hello @Adam Saunders

How are you categorizing the teams in our JIRA instance, are you using any custom fields? LIke if each team has their own board then in the board filer there must be an identifier for the teams like some custom field etc. If you append that custom field clause in your JQL then it should do the trick. 

Adam Saunders April 6, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra

the teams each have their own projects and boards- so there are 5 other project keys I would ideally like to include in the JQl. 

There are lots of custom fields in use as we are operating out of a very large multi-tenancy instance - some of these are shared across 10s of projects that I do not want to include in my query.

Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer