• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to display the total estimate of numerous sub-tasks as the estimate for the parent on the Sprint board? Also, is there a way to enable the displaying of the sub-tasks estimates in the detail panel?

Is it possible to display the total estimate of numerous sub-tasks as the estimate for the parent on the Sprint board? Also, is there a way to enable the displaying of the sub-tasks estimates in the detail panel?

Frank Vidal October 10, 2013

I would like to be able to use the sum of the sub-task estimates as the estimate for the parent. I can't seem to figure out how to have JIRA do this automatically. Also, I need the estimates for each individual sub-task to be displayed and the remaining hours for each to display also without having to click into the sub-task. Is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

General answer is no. There is no way to do it as the Agile team does not believe it summing (is that even a word..) subtasks estimates.

Having said that, you can create your own listeners or scripts to update the parent tasks estimate field yourself.

Frank Vidal October 10, 2013

Thanks Tim. We'll figure something out as far as the total of the sub-tasks. Is there a way to display the estimates for the sub-tasks in the detail panel?

Suggest an answer