Is it possible to display a header for sub task section in the view-issue page for jira 5.1.x?

S February 17, 2013

If you add many columns to the sub task section in view-issue page, it becomes very clumsy specially if we have multiple custom fields of the same type. Is there any way to add a header to say the name of the custom field whose value is being shown?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

Put this in the announcement banner

<script type='text/javascript'>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
$('#issuetable').prepend('<thead><tr><td></td><td>Summary</td><td>Type</td><td>Status</td><td>Assignee</td><td>Progress</td><td>Order</td><td>Actions</td></tr></thead>');

});
</script>

S September 10, 2013

Hi Renjith,

I understand what you're trying to do here. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. $('#issuetable') strangely returns null.

Also none of the dashboards are not displayed when I put this script in the announcement banner.

Regards,

Smruti

S September 10, 2013

Sorry Renjith, I had missed AJS. before $('#issuetable'). It works perfectly now with AJS.$('#issuetable'). Thanks a lot. Please make the change in your answer so that I can accept it.

Daniel Parker September 7, 2016

This works but disappears when clicking to a link to a different issue. A control-refresh of the screen brings it back again.

Melanie Arabsky Ledger November 15, 2016

Just wanted to say THANK YOU Renjith for this brilliant and easy to implement solution!!!

Gives us just what we need.

Why this is deemed "non essential" in JIRA I have no idea....

Thanks again!!!!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Not without changing the bundled plugin that renders the view issue page now.

S February 18, 2013

Can you please provide details on which plugin to change?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

jira-view-issue-plugin, I would think!

Suggest an answer