Is it possible to display Bamboo test results under a JIRA bug?

Michael Weiss September 10, 2014

Hi everyone!

Here's our setup.  We have a set of Selenium tests that are being run through testNG with Bamboo, and the results get reported back to Bamboo.  I noticed you can link JIRA issues to failing tests, however, when I go to the JIRA issue, I don't see any test results.  I did notice that under Issue Links it says "Created from test (test name here).  However, when I click that link, I get a page saying Sorry, the page you were trying to reach does not exist. Try going back to the dashboard and browse the site to Find the page you were looking for.  I did notice that there is a testCase number in the URL.  Does this mean we just need to have our Bamboo administrator set up test case management for us before we can see the test results?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Weiss September 23, 2014

Thanks Mehmet.  It does show under the "Development" section on the JIRA ticket how many builds are failing/passing, however, it's showing builds that are not related to the Bamboo job I'm currently running, how do you get it to properly display the right Bamboo jobs that contain the tests pertaining to that JIRA ticket number?

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

If your JIRA and Bamboo application links are setup properly, then Build tab in JIRA ticket should display Bamboo information related to a build.

However, I don't think you can display test results in JIRA, but the Bamboo link in build tab would take you to the results and related tests.

Suggest an answer