Is it possible to disable the assign button on Issue view page?

MatJan September 12, 2013

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any way to disable the assign button (or to disable the plugin "View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link" ) using JIRA 6.1 OnDemand version.

It would be great if that was possible...

Cheers,

MJ

4 answers

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

But that will not be possible for JIRA Cloud

0 votes
oskars jegeris September 12, 2013

maybe yes,use server,.,.?swich off?

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Maybe you could use workflow properties

jira.permission.assign = denied

I haven't tried it yet (only with edit and that works)

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

Hey MatJan,

It is not possible to disable the plugin on the OnDemand version.

You can control who can see the Assign button using project permission schemes.

Thank you

Bhushan

MatJan September 12, 2013

The thing is I would like to use a custom screen on transition to assign users to issues. The Assign button just screws with the concept of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't using project permission schemes disable the assignee field on the custom screen?

Suggest an answer