Is it possible to create custom templates/output for Jira Release Notes in the On Demand version?

Stephanie Challand October 29, 2013

I would like to include comments in the Release Notes. That way when we send out emails to our client about upcoming updates, we can do a simple copy/paste to include that in our email. Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jade March 23, 2015
0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2013

You can edit and copy paste the Release Notes. Are you wanting to send the comments to customers like the comments you'd have on a Confluence page?

There is no option to add comments to Release Notes so the only idea I can think of is having a Confluence page to do so.

Cheers!

Stephanie Challand October 30, 2013

I am not familiar with Confluence. We just use Jira to track features and bugs and would like to be able to copy the title of the issue and a custom comments field to send to our clients via email. I see in the Release Notes section you can generate text that can be copied. If we can go into the current version to be released and generate the text that would contain the title and details that would save a HUGE amount of time for us.

Fringe Technology December 16, 2013

Hi Stephanie - Just happened to see this today and thought I would send along another idea. There are a couple ways to do this - one would be to create a filter (for the Project/Release) that is being implemented. Once you get the issues to display in the Issue Navigator List View, add/remove and sort the columns of data you want the Customer to see, then use the EXPORT drop down, and export the data (Excel-current columns option). From Excel you can SAVE the files in html format and you could then email that out as your release notes.

You could play around with exporting into other formats as well to see which one you like the best.

Suggest an answer