Is it possible to create custom templates/output for Jira Release Notes?

Mark McD August 10, 2011

I really like using the Release Notes feature in Jira to share what my team is doing around the company. I usually include a post to our internal forum, running phpBB.

In the "Configure Release Notes" screen, there is a 'style' drop-down containing "text" and "HTML" options. Is it possible to write a plugin that adds to this list? I'd like to write a bbcode plugin if I can.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2011

I'm not sure about adding a style - I think you might need to do some hacking in the part of the code that provides the release notes.

This might help get you started though - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Release+Notes

Mark McD August 10, 2011

Yep that's definitely it. Thanks!

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

If the PDF format also fits your needs (of sharing them with your team), then the JIRA PDF View Plugin can render customizable Release Notes documents.

Check it out or see an example PDF

Suggest an answer