Is it possible to create a project template in OnDemand, or clone a project without 'clone' appearing in all the subsections?

Rosie Becker January 6, 2014

I wish to create a project template of JIRA tickets with which to create multiple projects that all follow a similar system (timing & stages). Is this possible in Ondemand?

If this is not possible an alternative would have been to simply duplicate an existing project but it seems you can not do this without 'clone' appearing in all the subsections. Any ideas of a way around this in OnDemand?

NB: I don't believe you can use plugins for Ondemand so an alternative solution is requested.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

How to create projects or sets of issues based on a template . And, yes, it works with OnDemand or download.

Rosie Becker January 7, 2014

Thank you for your help!

As I understand it you need to run this in JIRA command line. Is this something I have access to? Bascially, could you supply some more details on how/where to implement this. (We are in 6.2-OD-06-43)

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

It is a client program you install on a PC or server and run from the command line or job scheduler. All the documentation and how to's can be found at: JIRA Command Line Interface

0 votes
Jason J May 5, 2017

I am also looking for an answer on this.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2014

Best I can offer is that you manually create projects as necessary and bulk move issues between them accordingly. I don't see a way to automate the process but perhaps others will weigh in with a more streamlined approach.

For reference and/or possible consideration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues#ModifyingMultiple('Bulk')Issues-bulkmove

Suggest an answer