Is it possible to create a customized support ticket on Jira with acknowledgement?

Matin Shaikh March 11, 2015

Please note that im not talking about a general issue or task but a customized form like ticket for the developers to raise a ticket to the QA team before QA'ing any project ??

I want the development team to first create a ticket assigned to the QA team with email notifications and then QA team acknowledges the ticket with email notification before working on JIRA (reporting bugs).

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
mlavender March 11, 2015

Hi Matin

I believe what you are referring to would be the different screens that are used. You can create customized screens within JIRA that will allow you to manipulate how ticket creation screens look. You can read more on 'Configuring Fields and Screens' here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

If this is not exactly what you are looking for, please let me know.

Cheers
Marty 

Hello Marty!

Thanks for the reply.

Problem with the screens is that we need to map them to issue types. Is it possible to use screens without mapping them to issue types? And why do we need to map it to issue types? Is it a limitation with screens that it can only be used with reporting issues?

@ Marty Lavender Waiting for your reply

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2015

No, the whole point of Jira is that it tracks issues. The screens are a niterface on to the issues. It's nonsense to have a screen that doesn't interact with an issue - where does the data the user enters actually go if there's nothing to put it on? It's not a "limitation", it's a "thing that has to happen"

Suggest an answer