Is it possible to create a custom notification for the number of newly created issues passing a set quantity threshold?

Allie S August 4, 2015

Frequently have a variety of escalations that create issues in Jira. They are differentiated by labels. I am wondering if it is possible to create an alert or notification if the number of specific issues created in a 24 hr period exceeds a certain threshold. 

For example: say i have 30 new issues created with the label "bad_data" in a single day. I want to be alerted when the number of new issues with this label surpasses 20 new issues. I would want a notification or alert at this point. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

Allie,

Do achieve it you can use Workflow PowerBox and it's Number of Related Issues (links, subtasks or JQL based) condition. If you add it to an automatically executed transition (with auto="true" in your workflow definition). It will send you alert when issue is created.

There is also possibility to use Jelly script. It's free but I think it has been discontinued in JIRA 6.4 and requires some XML knowledge (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Jelly+Tags).

Allie S August 4, 2015

Thank you!

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

Alternatively, you can:

• Use the JIRA Subscription which will send data based on the JQL you like 
  • Create a post-function send custom email with a condition on what you like

Based on your requirements, you can use option# 2

Suggest an answer