Is it possible to create a board across multiple projects?

Hasan September 10, 2017
Hi,

In our company we have multiple departments who are working on the same project, with some team members who are working in multiple departments.

Can i create one project with muliple boards (Board for each department) while when i click on one board i want to see issues related to that board only and not issues from the whole project, is that doable?

Notes:
-some boards will be scrum and some will be kanban
-issue types differ from board to board
-Epics differ from board to board
-columns, details, workflows are different from board to board.

Appreciate your support :)

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

I find it better to think of boards as being views of sets of issues, not issue containers.

The main thing that means is that a board has to select which issues to work with.  It does that with a filter, and because Jira's filters are quite flexible, you can do all sorts of things with it.  A board for all your Epics, a board for several projects, a board for assigned to Dave, a board for issues over 14 days old, and so on.  And, of course, you can make much more complex filters too.

So, on your notes, yes, you can do most of that.  But you can't quite do the last line.  Workflows and fields on issues are done at a project and issue-type level, so a board has to represent those, not configure them  (although you can configure boards to show or ignore the fields)

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2017

hi,

you can create boards based on:

• project
  • prepared JQL

you can create and switch between boards here:

image.png

Suggest an answer