Is it possible to create a JIRA issue from a filter subscription automatically?

Derek Wailes November 12, 2014

Hi

Is it possible to create a JIRA issue from a filter subscription  automatically?

I have tried using the incomming email facility which does create the issue but then you can't exclude the email address from the notifications on the case so getting a new issue created when the issue is updated.

Thanks

D

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

If I understand correctly the issue is being created from the subscription that is sent to the mail handler address but updates to that new issue are creating new issues because more notifications are sent to the said mail handler?

It's a bit of a hacky workaround, but you could add a postfunction in the issue creation of the type that you're creating with the mail handler to change the reporter to prevent it from getting notifications from updates, or just change your notification scheme, or something along those lines to get the reporter out of the issue.

Eric

0 votes
Derek Wailes November 13, 2014

Yep, That seems to be the best solution so far. Thanks. The other one I'm playing with is server rules on outlook but its proving to be a bit hit and miss. Thanks again Derek

Suggest an answer