Is it possible to copy worklog description to comment?

Hello, I want to copy worklog description to comment issue. Is it possible ?

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

By default when you log work, the Log Work tabpanel contain the Work Description, but it's not a comment field, it is mean to be discribe the Work.

If you want to add the Comment field into this panel, you need to edit the system plugin in the .vm file level. Which you need to find
Installation_dir\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\jira\issuetabpanels\worklog.vm

Phillip Ponzer [Cprime]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

Is there a way to do this without editing the Velocity template?

1 vote
katerina_zelenkova July 1, 2020

Hello,

is there currently any possibility to do this (copy worklog description to comment) in cloud version?

Thank you in advance.

1 vote
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2017

We have added this capability to WorklogPRO's log work dialog.

copy-work-description-to-issue-comment.png

1 vote
Tehno Bear June 14, 2015

Please check this plugin. May be it is what you need. It will copy Work Description to Comment field.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.tehnobear.copy_work_description_to_comment

0 votes
Sophie Mongeon January 10, 2018

And for Cloud version, is there is a solution or a plugin?

0 votes
Tehno Bear March 27, 2016

Hello! You can try this plugin. It will auto copy Work Description to Comment field.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.tehnobear.copy_work_description_to_comment. Versions from 6.1.7 to 7.1.2 is tested and supported. Warning from JIRA it is only based on some xml file in plugin source where not added 7.1.2 yet.

0 votes
AmandaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

<label style="float: left; display: block; left: -140px; line-height: 1; margin-right: -130px; padding-top: 4px; position: relative; width: 130px; text-align: right; word-wrap: break-word; color: #333333; font-family: arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: #ffffff;" for="comment">Work Descriptio</label>

0 votes

Because when my staff enter worklog, they also enter some comment on the task. I will review the workflow.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Why would you want to do that? I mean you would mess up your comment section. That's why you have an extra tab for worklogs I guess..

Suggest an answer