Is it possible to connect downloaded Bamboo to OnDemand Jira?

Jon Voth September 3, 2012

I have a downloaded copy of Bamboo (so I can use plugins) and an OnDemand version of Jira. Can I use an Application Link to connect them? It seems like I can but when I try to add in the Jira admin user/pass Bamboo tells me

User 'myuser' does not have sufficient administrator permissions on 'JIRA'.

where "myuser" is actually the admin username. It is possible to fully connect the applications? Is there a setting in Jira that I need to turn on?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi, according to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand - you cannot configure application links even on request to Atlassian support.

I think in general, OnDemand is a 'managed' and restricted platform. You'd need 3rd party or your own hosting if you need those other features.

1 vote
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2013

It is now possible to link a self-hosted Bamboo instance to JIRA OnDemand with OAuth applinks (here's an example with JIRA and FishEye). We recommend that people use this option if they do not wish to use Amazon Web Services for their agents.

Bamboo will need to be accessible on HTTP through port 80 or HTTPS on 443. You can potentially use IP restrictions to lock your Bamboo instance down further if desired.

Kathleen Jacobs April 11, 2013

Is there a way we can get a walkthrough on this? It seems like the wizard does not like to do everything for you and have a difficult time setting up the builds. Like, where will the builds show?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

Sounds like you need the full system admin permissions for that (that's OD specific, OD users do not have that permission). Try contacting support, they'll be able to set up the app link if the OD support policy allows it.

Suggest an answer