Is it possible to configure JIRA to only send notification mails after a grace period?

I would like JIRA to wait a given amount of time from the edit of a issue until the notification mails are sent (and then only send one mail when there has bn no endits for the time spesified).

Rationale:

Sometimes people are doing a lot of smal edits to their comment, and it woudl be nice to receive only one mail, not a large number.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Im pretty sure this isn't possible currently, you would have to intercept all events and do some digesting.

I wrote JDigest a while back but it didn't take off owing to source code changes required and won't continue as a product in its own right. It's next incarnation will be as a notification Filtering/Digesting plugin to JEMH.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Hopefully Atlassian will add this feature in some future versions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,401 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you