Is it possible to configure JIRA to include an added comment in the mail notification?

René Steg October 30, 2012

I would like that JIRA includes an added comment in the mail notifications. Is there a way to configure that?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Rene,

i would suggest customizing the email template for the event, which is linked with the notification by adding

#comment()

to the template

Rad

r
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email

you should change both html and txt templates. I suppose you would like to add comment to customized templates? Then check which template is mapped to the event that sends a notification (file email-template-id-mappings.xml) and customize your template by adding the in the line in the answer above.

René Steg October 30, 2012

Thanks that sounds like the resolution. Where can I apply this change? I have never touched email templates so far.

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2012

Hi René,

I'm not sure if I understood your requirement.

Do you mean to send an email notification whenever someone comments on an issue?

If so, you just need to set who will receive these notifications on your notification scheme associated to your project.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Suggest an answer