Is it possible to condition Destination Step in Transition depending on some previous Step?

Yuriy Belodray August 4, 2012

1. I have "Put on Hold" transition from more than one step to "On Hold" Step (in a custom workflow).

2. The idea is to have "Reactivate" transition with ability to return from the "On Hold" step/status back to the initial Step/status (exactly that one I started from).

I've not yet found any ways to do that (like using Conditions, Validators and Post-Functions). Probably, it is not possible, as the worklfow engine uses "hardcoded" Destination Steps. What do you think?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2012

It is possible, but you need to set up a transition back to every status you want to go back to, and then protect them all with a condtion like "previous status was", so that only one is ever present to the user.

Jira doesn't have any conditions that do that, as you've discovered, but I've done something similar using the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions. From memory, that's not installed in OnDemand though, so you can't do it.

Yuriy Belodray August 4, 2012

Thank you, Nic.

Yes, as you said I tried to play with "previous status was", just no way to trigger the Destinations.

About Jira Misc Workflow Extensions: for the stand-alone JIRA installation (not OnDemand), it seems, it is about some kind of advanced configuration, is it? I am judging by the fact that Jira Misc Workflow Extensions is fully ebabled in my OnDemand instance, and the functionality sought is not available..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2012

No, a transition has to have a fixed end point. That's why you have conditions - to block and hide the ones that have the wrong end-point for the situation.

If you have that plugin, then you should have "previous status" as a condition.

Suggest an answer