Is it possible to clone the dashboard in JIRA ?

we have around 50 projects each projects has it own set of issue. we have a dashboard template with us.. with that template we just wanted to clone it for all 50 projects.

any plugins available?

1 answer

0 vote
Ignacio Pulgar Community Champion Dec 18, 2017

That's doable just with the help of a plugin.

Dashboard Utilities looks to be a promising one for your needs, as it provides you with Clone Dashboard capability.

While ScriptRunner counts with a built-in script to copy a dashboard from another project, it can do so just on project creation and requires the underlying filter names to be prefixed with the project key.

That said, Dashboard utilities seems to be the plugin you need.

Of course, I'm assuming you know JIRA's built-in 'Copy Dashboard' option, and that you need each of those 50 dashboard to show different data.

By the way, if that's the case, there's also a workaround for making the very same dashboard capable of showing different data dynamically, which wouldn't require a plugin, but just some additional configuration.

Thanks Ignacio for the answers. we tried to use Dashboard utilities but it says it does not support JIRA Versions more than 7.3.8 , but some how managed to installed it and tried to clone the dashboard but it didnt work out after cloning it throws an error .

Error below

Create new dashboard by clone with name Copy_Amazon1Q2017 ERROR

Error while trying to create a dashboard Copy_Amazon1Q2017 based on the dashboard Amazon1Q2017

Incompatible add-ons can often be loaded into a system, but they're flagged incompatible for a reason - they usually don't work.

There's no "fix" for this, you need to get a new one from the vendor, one that is compatible.

Hi Nic,

yeah incompatible was working in one of our lower environment and we are able to clone the dashboards successfully , but if we use the same plugin in Production we are not able to clone .

This is one weird issue we are facing.. and still in lower environment cloning works.

Any idea where do i find the error logs?

Errors will be in the application log, atlassian-jira.log, but they won't help much, you need to get a new one from the vendor, one that is compatible.

Unfortunately, if Dashboard Utilities plugin is installed in unsupported JIRA versions, errors are expected to be thrown.

I will create an article soon to properly explain the available workaround for creating a dashboard configured in such a way that it could be used by your 50 projects, each with the data that are relevant to them, and I'll share here the URL in this question once it's available.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,338 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot