Is it possible to choose status to which issues are sent from Backlog?

Bartek Skorupski July 20, 2017

We are using Kanban + Backlog feature. Since we do not have any dedicated testing suite our workflows incorporates among others "Test failed" status. We'd like to see it in the first column of Kanban so that developers can easily visually distinguish between "Selected for Development" and "Failed test" and pick those up ASAP. Unfortunately that causes that in Backlog we do not see "Selected for development" issues, but those which are in "Failed test" status. Is there any way to configure status to which backlog will send issues when they get selected for development?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

What does your workflow say?  The Kanban board is a view of status within it, and from what you've described, the issue might be the workflow rather than the board.

To clarify - we keep backlog in separate view, not on Kanban board itself - I mean this feature:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/blog/2016/02/make-way-for-backlogs-in-kanban-boards

Workflow is pretty standard. We're quite a small organization so it's liberal and basically one can change status freely. From Backlog you could change it directly to any of statuses which of course you normally don't do. The point is if you go to the Backlog view the only status you can move your issues to is the one mapped in the first column of Kanban. 

Actually now I read the above article again and spotted the answer to my question which is probably not what I was expecting.

image.png

Suggest an answer