Is it possible to change the default avatar icon?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

I have a customer who wants to change the default icon for avatars. Their users will most likely not add the pictures and they do not like the default one.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2013

Hello Susanne,

There might have to be some modification on your JIRA Instance files, I also have founded a forum which is able to change its default project avatar in this page:

http://jira.10933.n7.nabble.com/Uploading-a-Project-Avatar-td50357.html

So, I tried it with the same steps except it is the default avatar files, which change my picture name with the same in "\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\avatars" to "Avatar-default.png". In only change the bigger avatar though like in the Activity Stream, for the small one is "small_Avatar-default.png". Might want to test is first in a test instance.

Hope this can give a hint.

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

Thanks! I will look into this.

Suggest an answer