• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to change the customer portal so that if customers log in they can see the request progress once it is moved to a different project in JIRA software?

Is it possible to change the customer portal so that if customers log in they can see the request progress once it is moved to a different project in JIRA software?

Virgil Hammond December 11, 2015

I'm vetting the Service desk application as something to take in IT changes to be processed through Jira Software.

Once a customer submits a request, and the request gets converted to a story on a project, the default action is to notify them via email as it gets progressed to completion. The request gets removed from the user portal and is no longer visible. 

Is it possible to change the customer portal so that if they log in they can see the progress once moved to different non service desk project in JIRA software? i.e. it doesn't appear on the portal, at the moment they will need to go through loads of mails to identify the latest progress.

We have a handful of customers who will be sending in requests regularly and one location to view their requests is better than going through mails on different requests.

Maybe Service desk does not allow this.

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

As far as I know, Service Desk works like this:

• An issue is a 'customer-visible' Request if
    • The issue is in an active Service Desk project
      AND
    • The field Request Type has a valid value chosen

You should ensure that the request meets the requirements to be a 'request' in the first place, in order to build a process that remains customer visible. There's other ways to accomplish what you're looking for (notifying customers of other action within your business process), but if you move an issue to a project where the request isn't valid or it's not operated on by Service Desk agents then you are trying to do something that breaks the core idea of the product.

Suggest an answer