Is it possible to change the created date of a JIRA issue?

Is there a way to set a JIRA task's dates to a specific date rather than always "today"? I sometimes have to create a task days after the task has been done.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No, the created date is always the date you physically created the issue.

The exception is if you import issues with CSV, you can set it in that data. But you can't change it.

If you're logging issues and need to record a different date/time to when you're typing, most people use a custom field to record the actual date.

I don't think you can do that other than the database.

It can be done if you are using the JIRA import functionality. Map the task creation date in the CSV file to the "Created Date" feild in the JIRA import page. It will automatically choose the date from the CSV and not generate the created date as NOW by default.

Created Date field is not present in the drop down list.

== Jira Fields ==
Summary
Issue Type
Component/s
Description
Fix Version/s
Priority
Labels
Environment
Affects Version/s
Assignee

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

284 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you