Is it possible to change the button label on a workflow transition screen?

Terry Beavers July 13, 2015

This is a weird one, but hopefully there is a workaround or property setting of some sort to resolve the issue

We have created a a transition named "Cancel" that includes a transition screen with a required Comment field.

The problem is the transition screen displays a button named "Cancel" (based on the transition name) and also a link named "Cancel" if the user wants to cancel the transition, so you can see how this could be a little confusing to the user.

With that being said, is there a way to modify the button label on the transition screen, so that it reflects something like "OK" or "Submit", but still keep the transition name and button label on the View screen as "Cancel"?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2015

No, the button name matches the transition name

0 votes
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Yes,

Transition Properties, this will change it to "Submit"

Replace property value with admin.common.words.ok and this will say OK instead of submit.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 2.35.00 PM.png

0 votes
Gab Bautista July 14, 2015

You can accomplish it. I created a transition named "Stash Progress" and the status is "In Progress". Try creating your own transition in the workflow editor.

Terry Beavers July 14, 2015

I think you misunderstood the question.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

Sorry if I did, what did i miss?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

What Terry was looking for was to have a transition called "Cancel" that, when it is used and a screen is popped up for more information, it doesn't have "Cancel" on the button that the user needs to press to commit the transaction, but "OK" instead. (It has nothing to do with the status names) I really should have said earlier, this is an understandable request, but I tend to tinker with the language a bit. Call the transition "Cancel this issue" or something like that.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2015

A cancel button on the transition window which is really not a cancel but a transition. Geez, I need some sleep.

Terry Beavers July 14, 2015

That's exactly what we did. Not optimum, but it does differentiate a little better for the user now.

Suggest an answer