Is it possible to change the behavior of a notification based on issue status

Baybars Kumbasar June 23, 2016

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible for  "Issue commented"   notification to behave differently when the status of the ticket is "closed". 

To give more details, I would like the "issue commented" action to send a notification to the customer & agent only, as usual. However, only when the ticket is closed,  I want the same "issue commented" action to send a notification  to all of the agents. 

I am open to suggestions if I can accomplish the same task through another add-on or though another feature.

Thanks,

Baybars 

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

You can create your own event and change the one fired. Normally I have a 'closed' event for that.

Baybars Kumbasar June 23, 2016

I already have a similar setup with this instance but that's not what I need. Not sure if you can change what action "commenting" does but I want it to stay the same for when the ticket is NOT closed. Only when it's closed, I want comments to trigger a specific event. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

I misunderstood. I was thinking the comment was on the close transition. I believe you'd need a script or listener that checked the status every time a ticket is updated. I don't use those so I can't help with how to write it.

Suggest an answer