Is it possible to change logo link location in Jira 6?

Jauer September 30, 2013

Since Jira 6 the logo in the upper left doesn't link anymore to the own dashboard. Is it possible to change this? If so, how?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Demeyer April 6, 2014

If you click on the user icon on the top right; you can select a "My JIRA Home" option. Standard choices are "Dashboard; Issue Navigator" and other depending on the plugins installed.

0 votes
Randall Hunt May 18, 2016

If you're deploying a custom plugin:
You can edit /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/system-top-navigation-plugin.xml and change many things there – but I don't believe you can change where the logo links to.

What I've done is add another option to JIRA home by adding the following into my atlassian-plugin.xml to contain the following:

<web-item key="set_my_jira_home_custom_plugin" name="Set My JIRA Home to CUSTOM" section="system.user.options/set_my_jira_home" weight="10">
    <label>My Custom Plugin</label>
    <link linkId="set_my_jira_home_custom_plugin">/plugins/servlet/my_custom_homepage/</link>
</web-item>
0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013
Jauer September 30, 2013

No this is not what I was looking for.

I meant the logo within the website left of the dashboard-button. It currently links to /secure/MyJiraHome.jspa. I would like it to link to /secure/Dashboard.jspa

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

I got your point.

see if this help you https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28475

Jauer October 6, 2013

If I get this right, this is only applys to confluence.

I can't find an option to set the site homepage in Jira.

Suggest an answer