Is it possible to change logo link location in Jira 6?

Since Jira 6 the logo in the upper left doesn't link anymore to the own dashboard. Is it possible to change this? If so, how?

3 answers

1 accepted

If you click on the user icon on the top right; you can select a "My JIRA Home" option. Standard choices are "Dashboard; Issue Navigator" and other depending on the plugins installed.

No this is not what I was looking for.

I meant the logo within the website left of the dashboard-button. It currently links to /secure/MyJiraHome.jspa. I would like it to link to /secure/Dashboard.jspa

If I get this right, this is only applys to confluence.

I can't find an option to set the site homepage in Jira.

If you're deploying a custom plugin:
You can edit /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/system-top-navigation-plugin.xml and change many things there – but I don't believe you can change where the logo links to.

What I've done is add another option to JIRA home by adding the following into my atlassian-plugin.xml to contain the following:

<web-item key="set_my_jira_home_custom_plugin" name="Set My JIRA Home to CUSTOM" section="system.user.options/set_my_jira_home" weight="10">
    <label>My Custom Plugin</label>
    <link linkId="set_my_jira_home_custom_plugin">/plugins/servlet/my_custom_homepage/</link>
</web-item>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,076 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot