Is it possible to avoid the use of the default dashboard for some users?

Thomas Talinski October 30, 2013

Hi!

I'd like to set up own individual dashboards for serveral kinds of users.

In the same move I'd like to take the default dashboard away from them. Is it possible to manage that a user cannot see and choose the default dashboard at all but see and use my individual ones?

Or is the default dashboard unavoidable and I have to edit it in a way it wouldn't make much sense to use it?

Thx in advance for any help. :)

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

I have not seen a way to avoid the system dashboard.

I doubt it is good to force people to use a certain Dashboard. Offer them a Dashboard that helps doing their work, then they will switch to that Dashboard automatically.

If you have information on the System dashboard that they should not see you need to change that dashboard.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

As @Udo Brand said i don't think is there way to avoid system dasboard, but you can mange what gadgets should be display on that, check this doc for more infrmation

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+the+Default+Dashboard#ConfiguringtheDefaultDashboard-AddingandConfiguringGadgetsontheDefaultDashboard

0 votes
Thomas Talinski October 31, 2013

Another really good point!

Thanks again Nic!

0 votes
Thomas Talinski October 30, 2013

Thanks Udo and Rambanam, I was afraid there wouldn't be a away to avoid the system dashboard, so I will just edit it.

Udo....good point you made in providing a good individual dashboard where the users will stick to automatically! i will try it that way. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

One nice trick is to keep the default dashboard really basic, but include a text gadget that says "look, here's some other nice dashboards you might prefer to use, or look at the options in the cog to create your own". Giving people a range of shared dashboards to sample really encourages them to find one that works for them!

Suggest an answer