Is it possible to avoid the selection of a customfield as a column of a xml export in the issue navigator section?

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Hi there,

is there any way to avoid the selection of a customfield as a column of a xml export in the issue navigator section?

We have developed a customfield that loads lots of options and it takes a lot of time when users use the xml export option in the issue navigator. We want to remove that cf from the list of custom fields that users can select to export.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lesteso April 2, 2014
Hi JPR,
a provisional solution, could be to include a script in the announcement banner to remove the select option corresponding to that customfield.
Regards!
Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2014

That's it!

Maybe is not the most elegant solution but it works. I have added the following script in the banner and now the option is not selectable.

<script>
AJS.$(document).ready(function(){
AJS.$("#issue-nav-add-columns-column-select").find('[value="customfield_13502"]').remove();
});
</script>

Moreover, I noticed that it is also necesary to delete all rows at columnlayoutitem where FIELDIDENTIFIER='customfield_13502' and restart Jira to avoid the execution of old stored queries containing that customfield as a column.

Thanks a lot LEP!

0 votes
Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Thanks for the answer, could you please tell me more about which kind of plugin are you talking about?

Thanks

0 votes
tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

Not by default no, you could create a plugin to do this for you, because the query can be restricted, so something like https://jdog.jira-dev.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/65261/SearchRequest-65261.xml?tempMax=1000&field=key&field=summarywill return the only the key and summary fields.

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Thanks for the answer, could you please tell me more about which kind of plugin are you talking about?

Thanks

Javier Portillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2014

Other option is setting my customfield as non Navigable and maybe it will not appear in the list. Is there any way?

tier-0 grump
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2014

I was talking about a full blown web-item where you could then offer config options, but Luis answer works pretty well. Just one thing to bear in mind though is that this removes the value from the issue navigator as well, so if you want it in the issue nav and to be 'deselected' for export then you need to write a plugin.

Suggest an answer