Is it possible to automate a request for update from customer?

Dustin July 18, 2016

We have a status of "waiting on customer" if we ask the requestor a question that we need an answer to before proceeding.  Customer will receive an initial notification of the new status along with the question we asked.  If customer fails to respond, would it be possible to automate a reminder notification to customer asking them to update their ticket, such as for any tickets that are in waiting for customer status without any update for more than 7 days, send an email notification out to the requestor?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

There are several ways to accomplish this and I can sum it up with the following:

• Add-ons that can do what you need like the JIRA Escalation Service or JIRA Automation
  • Create your own script that does whatever you need and put it in your favorite cron scheduler

Dustin July 18, 2016

Thanks @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] - I have now installed the JIRA Automation plugin and that is exactly what I needed.  Have an excellent day!  smile

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

Glad to have helped!

Suggest an answer