Is it possible to auto populate custom fields with data from an excel sheet?

Jeff Baldwin November 4, 2012

I want to be able to populate custom demographic fields, (Email, phone #, and office) by simply choosing a unique person ID that we have set up in JIRA. So in theory the user would create the issue, then select a person ID, the one who is calling in to raise the issue, and by selecting this ID, the email, phone # and office would auto populate. I have an Excel sheet with all this information relating to each person, so is it possible to pull this information with say javascript?

Thank you all for any answers or information!

3 answers

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Have a look at this example of fetching values from excel using javascript (I think its browser dependant).

You are using ondemand else you could also have used behaviours plugin with apache POI to write groovy scripts ffor the fields

Regards ,

Mizan

Jeff Baldwin November 4, 2012

Thanks!! I appreciate the help!

0 votes
Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Did you get any solution for this?

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Suggest an answer