Is it possible to auto assign a team when a story is added to a Sprint for that team?

We have multiple teams pulling from a shared backlog.

When an issue is moved out of the backlog to, say, Team A's Sprint #1, I'd like JIRA to automatically assign the issue to Team A - instead of having to manually set the Development Team field each time.

Conversely, if the issue gets moved into out of a sprint into the general backlog, I'd like JIRA to automatically set the Development Team field to (blank).

Is this a configuration that exists now?

1 answer

1 accepted

Nope, something like this does not exists (not out of the box). Moreover, a ticket can only be assigned to one JIRA account. Unless you have an account called "Team A" or you update a certain field in a JIRA ticket to know which team it belongs to (I'm kinda confused on your verbiage on "assign the issue to Team A and updating the "Development Team field"). So you can ignore my concern here if I misunderstood that part.

What you want here can be accomplished with scripting and some plugins. If you want to go that route, We can suggest a few things for you to try (like a simple post-function script can do some of this).

Thanks.

I should clarify, I believe our Development Team field is a custom field, as opposed to assigning the issue to a specific account - we would like to have the Custom Field of Development Team populate with the Team associated with the Iteration (as our Iterations are divided by team - Team A - Iteration 1, Team A - Iteration 2, etc)

But I figured this would be custom, just wanted to see if there were obvious workarounds that folks knew about.

Ah, I see. Yep, custom fields are custom made so custom stuff will be needed for such customization :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

380 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you