Is it possible to associate existing work logs to an ACCOUNT

Patrick Thielen April 22, 2013

We ave newly created accouts (dimension, not user) ans associated projects to them.

New work logs on issues in these projects add to the account. So far so good. Now I would like to edit existings work logs to associate them to an account. Presently the only editable fields I see are the hours and description. Can the account attribute be edited afterwards ?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Hi Patrick

I m jumping into this conversation trying to make this more clear.

If you have only one account assigned to a project it is autimatically assigned to all new issues created after the account is assigned to the project. You can bulk edit older issues in a filter that returns all issues for that project with account empty.
See comments in JTMPO-41 for more information.

The following facts refers if you have created a worklog attribute of type account

1. The account is pre-selected in Tempo work log dialog if an account is assigned to an issue
2. All worklogs created before the worklog attribute was created needs to be edited in Tempo report per worklog

Regarding your editing problems, please verify that you have Edit All Worklogs permission in the JIRA permission scheme.

The Billed hours default value is the same as logged and it is not validating any worklog attributes (like not billable) You need to set billed to 0

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Patrick Thielen April 24, 2013

Hi Sverrir,

Thank you for this very useful comment, it answers all my all my questions and solved the editing problem !

Simon Orton January 15, 2015

"You can bulk edit older issues in a filter that returns all issues for that project with account empty." I have not been able filter on empty accounts. How do you do this?

1 vote
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Go to the Project Report and click "Views", you should see your account attribute there. Click it to add it to the report. Then you can edit them.

Another way is to set the account to the issues and then worklogs will be automatically associated with the account.

Hope this helps,

Viðar

Patrick Thielen April 22, 2013

Hi Vidar,

thanks, setting the account in issues work, BUT you have to set it to another account first and set it back to desired account (when you assign an account to a project it automatically sets all empty account fields but does not associate the worklogs). This means you need to define and assign a 2nd dummy account for all projects where you want to apply this trick.

When I switch to report view, I can edit my own worklogs but not the worklogs of my team, despite I'm the Tempo admin. Is there a mean to edits the worklogs of other users ?

Another question, when you mark a worklog as not billable, does the billed hours add to the selected account or do you have to manually set billed to 0 ?

Patrick

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

To cut to the chase, per https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-41

Issues that have been created before the Tempo plugin was installed have no Billing Key until one has been activated on the issue in the edit mode or bulk edit.

Suggest an answer