Is it possible to assign properties to jira groups?

Stavros Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

I would like to have more metadata on my JIRA groups. Currently a group has a name and a list of users belonging to that group. For instance I need also to store per groups the following information

1. the leader of the group
  2. viewers of the group
  3. approvers of the group

Is this possible somehow?

Possible solution is to maintain all these under User properties.

Regards

Stavros Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2015

No.  A group really is a name and a list of users.  There's no other structures you could hang any data on.

I've seen a form of group management in JIRA though - you have a project called "groups", with one issue per group, and whatever metadata you need attached in there.  It has to be manually maintained, and you need extra code in order to use the information, but it did the job for that client.

0 votes
Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

Potentially there is a way. JIRA database has place for that, cwd_group_attribute. Though there is no interface for this, one can write directly into the database and get info back from it. But it is very experimental way to do this job.

Suggest an answer