Is it possible to assign percentages (of completion) to your statussen (columns) in a kanban board?

Jeroen Thoelen December 7, 2017

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to assign percentages to the phases (columns) in your kanban board.

F.e. If I have 4 columns (phase 1-4), is it possible to assign % to my flow, so I can see where my user story is ( percentage wise ) in my flow of phases? (E.g. if it is at the end of phase 2, it should be 50%).

Can you help me on that?

Thanks,

Jeroen

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

Hi Jeroen,

Just found that question, quite some time after.

Just in case it can help anyone else (or you if you're still looking for a solution), I would recommend having a custom field holding the progression and using the workflow postfunctions to change its value upon transition, not very scalable or perfect but would work at least!

An alternive if you're using Structure for Jira, would be to leverage their "Progression" virtual field which can simply be a mapping of status <-> %ages, very useful with some of my customers!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Suggest an answer