Is it possible to alter BrowseProjects.jspa to change the default project category filter

neonrazor June 22, 2014

Is it possible to alter BrowseProjects.jspa to change the default project category filtered on entry.

On the menu item 'projects'->'view all projects' its URL is "/BrowseProjects.jspa#all", I would like to be able to change the 'all' to something else.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
neonrazor June 26, 2014

I added some project catagories and linked the projects to those then I changed the projects->view all projects menu item from showing all to showing the catagory I wanted.

Change the JIRA projects->view all projects menu link so that it defaults to non categorised projects

The file system-top-navigation-plugin.xml contains the element to change this link:

<web-item key="project_view_all_link" name="View All Projects Link" section="browse_link/project_view_all"
i18n-name-key="webfragments.navigation.bar.project.item.view.all" weight="10">
<label key="menu.project.view.all"/>
<tooltip key="menu.project.view.all.title"/>
<link linkId="project_view_all_link">/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all</link>
</web-item>

Highlighed in red is the pass through value all which I have changed to none.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Nick,
Do you have any idea about where this BrowseProjects.jspa is located?
Or how to do I access the page responsible for the View All Projects view.

I'm currently using JIRA 7.x and I'd like to make all the projects appear in a single scroll-able page instead of divided up in numbered pages.

Many thanks in advance, awaiting your response,

P.S. You can also view How to view All projects in a single scroll-able page instead of various numbered pages for more info about what Im asking for.

Tayyab 

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

@Nick Antrobus

Could you telme if you did this or not? 

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2014

Hi Nick,

As far as I know, this is not possible - except by customizing JIRA's source code.

The only alternative option you have besides browsing all projects is to browse the recent ones using /BrowseProjects.jspa#recent". Please note that you may restrict the list of projects displayed according to each user's permissions.

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer