Is it possible to allow adding attachments or editing a particular field of closed issue?

Martin Heinemann June 4, 2015

I have a workflow that denies editing after reaching a particular status (this is not the closed status), there are several subsequent statuses.

I use the workflow property jira.issue.editable=false for this status. But i do not want to block the whole issue for editing. It must be possible for users to add attachments and edit some fields of the issue even when it is editable=false.

Is there a way to solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2015

The whole point of edit=false is to stop editing.  That's what it's for.

Either remove it, or create a transition from status that goes back to the same status, with conditions to control who can use it, and with a screen that only includes the fields you want to let them update.

Alexey Studitsky January 18, 2018

When status has jira.issue.editable=false property, self transition works for changing standard and custom fields, but does not work for adding Attachment. Attachment does not appear in an issue after pressing transition button.

Jira ver 7.2.9

Like Grzegorz Strak likes this
Alexey Studitsky January 23, 2018

In case set jira.issue.editable.denied = denied, jira issue is not editable, but Attach files button is visible and works well.

Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

Hi Alexey,

how does this work?

It is not working this way for me:

denied.PNG

The issue is still editable

Also tried

jira.issue.editable=denied

jira.issue.editable.denied = true.

I also can't find "denied" in the docs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver079/workflow-properties-950288814.html

It seems to exist (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66836)

but i cant find it anywhere.

Cheers

Jens

Alexey Studitsky October 24, 2018

Hi @Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions,

I found "denied" in the last comment of the https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-32230:

The proper format is is:
<property>.denied = whatever

2018-10-24 12_53_14-[JRASERVER-32230] Workflow step property jira.permission.create has no effect - .png

Please note that an issue becomes uneditable when it is in the status where you define the  jira.issue.editable=false or jira.issue.editable.denied = denied. I use the second one. I'm not sure whether it does matter, but this property is the first in my list. It works for me the way the Edit button disappears from issue page in particular status.

Jira ver 7.2.9

1 vote
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hi,

@Jens Kisters __SeibertSolutions

For me this "jira.permission.edit.denied=whatever" works fine

Suggest an answer