Is it possible to add attachments to outgoing emails from Jira (JETI)?

David Iannucci September 19, 2013

Im curious if there is any plugin that has the ability to add attachments to an outgoing email?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Iannucci December 5, 2013

It turns out JETI with its new upgrades from the version I was using, now allows you to attach items that are part of the issue to the email. This is all I was after. Thanks for the suggestions!

0 votes
Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013
Depending on what you're trying to do, JEMH might fit your requirement. It can send attachments out as part of a notification scheme. If you get a bit clever, you can combine a global workflow transition, a screen with attachment field + comment, and a custom event to allow users to send custom emails at will.
0 votes
David Iannucci September 26, 2013

I dont see where I can attach a file to the outgoing email using that function. Maybe im missing something here? Can this send files that are already part of the issue? I was looking for something that it would open Windows explorer to allow a file attachment.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2013

You can try the builtin script Send Custom Email from the Script Runner plugin.

Suggest an answer