Is it possible to add a unicode symbol to quick filters?

Deleted user June 9, 2017

It would be really useful to us to be able to use unicode symbols like a person (👨) to quick filters to make them more visual. Currently when it's done, the board just replaces those characters with a question mark. 

Are there any ways to get around this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

I was actually able to use this same character ðŸ‘¨ in a quick filter in my JIRA instance.   Although this character is technically a 4-byte character, it might be a unicode character too, but that isn't the aspect that causes the problem I'm thinking of.  

There is a known limitation specifically that effects JIRA instances using a MySQL database on the backend.   MySQL is unable to store these characters.  JIRA KB: JIRA does not work with Emoji / 4 byte characters.

My test instances is using a Postgres database on the back end, and I was able to do this in the 7.4.0 release.  

You could try to follow the guide, Switching databases, in order to move your data from a MySQL instance into a postgres database that is not effected by this limitation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events