Is it possible to add a sub task (issue type) to a custom made issue type?

Magnus Jensen September 11, 2012

Is it possible to add a sub task (issue type) to a custom made issue type?

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

Yes, you can add subtasks to any standard issuetypes.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

By standard issuetype, I meant anything that is not subtasks (JIRA provided or custom created)

Magnus Jensen September 25, 2012

So if I create a custom issuetype 'MyIssueType' I can (if I configure the workflow to support it) link a subtype called 'MySubIssueType' automatically every time i.e. 'MyIssuetype is updated or whatever...

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2012

Sub Task Types are not decided per Parent Type. All sub task types associated with the Issue Type Scheme for the project will appear in the create sub-task drop down.

Suggest an answer