Is it possible to add a drop down on the Gadget?

Dinesh Loyapalli July 17, 2017

I have added a Gadget and associated it with the Filter that i have created.I am dispalying all the issues with different fix versions.We have R4.17, R3.17,R2.17,R1.17.Now whenever we select R4.17, it should only display issues related to R4.17.In the same way if we select R3.17 it has to dispaly only the issues that are in R3.17 and so on.I dont want to create a separate Gadget for different Fix-versions.Instead i would like to have a dropdown with all the fix versions on the gadget and based on the Fix versions we select, it has to display the issues related to that specific Version.Can this be achieved?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

This is not possible in default JIRA. I don't know of any add-ons that will allow you to do this, either.

A few workarounds:

• Create a filter and gadget for each version. (I know you said you don't want to do this, but it's still an option.)
  • Create a filter for each version, but only use one gadget on a dashboard. To change the version, simply change the source filter for that gadget. This would avoid creating a lot of gadgets on a single dashboard if that's what you're trying to avoid.
  • What type of gadget are you trying to use? If you use a Two-dimensional filter statistics gadget, you can break down the filter by Fix Version and some other field. You won't see a list of issues, but can easily see a list of specific issues by clicking the counts/numbers within the gadget itself.

You could also create your own gadget, but I'm not a developer and don't have enough experience in that area to really provide you with any additional information there.

Dinesh Loyapalli July 18, 2017

Thank you.The information you have provided is helpful.I am using Filter results Gadget.I am gonna try using Two-dimensional Filter..

Suggest an answer