Is it possible to add a button on the JIRA Dashboard that when clicked interacts with Bitbucket?

Siyanda Mzam July 26, 2017

We would like to add our own custom button on JIRA that when clicked pulls specific data from Bitbucket like files (not file names), associated with a particular commit.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

You can try using custom JIRA Gadgets, but I don't understand your use-case why do you want to pull files? where do you intend to store these files as bitbucket is meant for storiing files and jira can display those fileName (it already does that in the "commits" tab if you have bitbucket and jira connected via application links)

Siyanda Mzam July 26, 2017

We would like to pull the files so as to be able to send them to an external client instead of having to manually go through commits, finding changed files and sending them via email to the client.

So the idea is to have a button that when clicked simply gets all the changed files, zip them up and send to the client.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

You'll need to write the code behind that function, and bind it all to a "web fragment" (snippet of html that JIRA recognises as being part of a menu or screen)

As usual, I'd do this with ScriptRunner, because I know it can do the get-and-send you need, plus tie my code to a web-fragment very easily.

Like Alibek Malikov likes this

Suggest an answer