Is it possible to add Cumulative Flow Diagram to a dashboard as a gadget?

Katja Kolomytseva May 26, 2016

Hi,

Is it possible to add Cumulative Flow Diagram or other diagrams one can find under Reporting to a dashboard as a gadget? 

Thank you.

23 answers

7 votes
Chris Smirl December 14, 2017

I'm looking for a Cumulative Flow gadget also.  If using a Kanban board that is a must for a dashboard.

3 votes
g punetha April 23, 2018

This is a bit disappointing, it will be a real nice to be able to add CFD and Control Chart as a Gadget in Dashboard.

2 votes
Joel Robinson December 12, 2018

JIRA feels incomplete with reports that you cannot embed into dashboards.  My efforts to get my organization to visualize their work on a Kanban board feel somewhat wasted if I cannot also show how we're performing via CFD and Control Chart gadgets embedded in a dashboard.

1 vote
Ben Bailey February 10, 2021

It appears there is a feature request for this exact feature.  Please up-vote to make your voice heard!

1 vote
kellie_mingus February 1, 2021

There should be a way to add any Report to a Dashboard.  This seems basic.  Jira, please add this option!!

1 vote
Josiah Feuerbacher October 12, 2018

Also looking for a Cumulative Flow Diagram as a widget (or at least something that I can save the configuration).  Anybody know of a ticket for this that we can vote on?

1 vote
Ross Dammann July 9, 2018

yes, should be a must-have

1 vote
kassmcd May 21, 2018

Looking for this too!

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Try our Great Gadgets app. In the many gadgets offered, there is also a Cumulative Flow Diagram gadget. It is fully configurable, being based on a filter or board. 

This is how it looks like:

CumulativeFlowDiagramGadget.png

For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

Vinodh Kumar Polavaram October 20, 2023

I see this gadget in my client's Jira instance, but may I know how to get this to my other Jira instance please?

I just saw this under the marketplace apps and raised a request.

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2023

Hi @Vinodh Kumar Polavaram,

Do you have Jira Cloud or Data Center?

Basically, you have to install the app on the other Jira instance. 

Go to Jira settings > Apps > Manage Apps and check if Great Gadgets app appears on the installed apps list. If not, click Find new app, search for "Great Gadgets" and install it by clicking Install or Try button.

If you need more help on this, please contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut.  

Like Vinodh Kumar Polavaram likes this

It is Jira Cloud. Maybe I don't have access to the manage apps, but I am waiting for the admin to approve my request to install this app. Thank you for your response.

My admin got it installed and I got the notification. But when I search for the app in Jira dashboard, it is not getting populated. I searched with Great and Stonik. Anything missing here for me please?

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2023

Hi @Vinodh Kumar Polavaram,

Let's continue the discussion via email instead of bothering others in this public thread. Please send an email to support@stonikbyte.com and someone will contact you shortly.

Danut.

0 votes
Kyle Heiman May 24, 2021

+1 for this request.

0 votes
brandon.gray-smith January 28, 2021

yes, pls add this feature ASAP

0 votes
Francisco Silva December 28, 2020

+1, please provide this feature

0 votes
Oleksandr Nurzhanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2020

+1, please provide this feature

0 votes
Mary Vigna November 18, 2020

I am also looking forward to be able to add the CFD to a Dashboard via gadget. It's sad to not have this feature enabled yet -- 2020 Jira team! 

0 votes
Martin Lechner August 13, 2020

Dont understand why this feature was removed.
Used it extensively on dashboards together with version burndown - which is also gone.

Please bring it back!!!

0 votes
Deleted user December 5, 2019

As i see in another request, it's possible by iframe and link to your CFD.

I try but it's not clean its embed all the page and not only the diagram.

0 votes
Dorothy Krajewski November 20, 2019

+1  - Please provide

0 votes
Greg Wissler October 24, 2019

Another example of Jira cloud stripping out needed functionality. Ugh.

0 votes
Dan Williams August 30, 2019

Also really want this. 

0 votes
Renan Pereira Gouveia de Lima August 30, 2018

Is there no way to use this gadget with kanban projects?

0 votes
Ky Chandler August 23, 2018

Would like this too

Francisco Silva August 27, 2018

Me want too!

0 votes
Matias Bruhn Klenz December 12, 2017

Also want this!

0 votes
Simone Longoni March 21, 2017

Hi Katja!
I am looking for the same answer.

It seems that it was present in the past only with Classic Boards (see the related article).
I cannot find it anymore in recent versions of JIRA, where it is available only in the Reports section of the Board.

Did you have any luck in finding a Gadget for recent JIRAs (> 7.1)?

Thanks,
Simone

Suggest an answer