Is it possible to activate Epic panel on Kanban Board (not Backlog board)?

Roman Bilei December 8, 2017

Hello!

I activated Kanban Backlog and Epics panel according to user manual.

But it appears only in Kanban Backlog.

Is it possible to have an Epic panel in Kanban Board?

If not, is it planned to implement it in future releases?

I use JIRA cloud.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

Hi Roman,

The Epic and Version panel that I believe you are referring to is only every expected to appear on the backlog view of either a scrum or now a kanplan board.

This has never existed on the kanban board itself, or the correlating Active Sprints of a Scrum board.

In my search of our tracker, I was not able to find any existing feature requests for this.  However you like you can actually create a new suggestion for this yourself.  If you navigate to the site https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/ you can then click the Create button at the top of that page.  This tracker is used for lots of different projects, but anyone with an Atlassian ID account can create issues of type suggestion on this tracker.  You will want to create a new issue in the project with the key JSWCLOUD which is named "JIRA Software Cloud".  

You can create a feature request this way.   I would recommend using a format such as this in the text editor, rather than the visual editor:

h3. Problem Definition

h3. Suggested Solution

h3. Why this is important

h3. Workaround
(Optional)

Once this is created, please post back to this thread to let us know the URL of this feature request.  That way if other users are searching our community site for this same feature, they too can better find this request.

Regards,

Andy

Roman Bilei December 14, 2017

Andy, Thanks for the info!

Here is a new feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16459

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Awesome, Thanks @Roman Bilei

Suggest an answer