Is it possible to Hold the Due Date for the Status on HOLD?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

If i make the ticket to on Hold, still the ticket is calculating the date and it is moving over due. How to manage this on JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

I am sorry, the question is not clear.

The due-date on an issue does not change unless a user edits it.  If your due-date is changing, then you must have installed something that changes it on transition.

Or, you are not looking at the due date, it's something else?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

Sorry for Not Being Clear.

While creating a issue, user can set the due date.

And I have made the DUE DATE non-editable after creating a issue.

So When a user put the issue on Hold due to some reason. And when they start to work again, it is not possible for him to change the due date.

Is there any feature in jira to increase the due date by 1 day when the issue is on hold status.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Ah, I see, it's not changing at all, but you need it to.

There's no way to do this with plain JIRA, but there are a number of add-ons that provide a post-function that can update the due-date when used.

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2017

Thanks for the reply.

Suggest an answer