Is it possible to Extend a custom field to include projects from another jira server(script runner)

shaik zubeer January 15, 2018

Using Script runner - How to extend the "Your Project" field to also include all projects from JIRA server 2 that I can view in JIRA server 1, selecting a platform field first (choice between JIRA server 1 and JIRA server 2)

How can i Ensure that current user can see projects according to his visibility ?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

You can, but it might be quite complex.  You would need a field that could read the other Jira over REST and grab the list of projects.

There's a couple of approaches to this - you could write an add-on to do that as a field, or use an ordinary custom field and have a script that runs regularly, updating the  option list from the other machine.

shaik zubeer January 18, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your feedback, pleased.

Can you please give me more information on this ? As to where to start from ?

i am very much interested in achieving this , so can you please guide me how to start and what exactly i need to do here ?

Thanks,

zubeer

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Suggest an answer