• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is it possible, on Agile Boards (OnDemand) when dragging into a column, to assign an issue to a different user depending on the Role of the current assignee?

Is it possible, on Agile Boards (OnDemand) when dragging into a column, to assign an issue to a different user depending on the Role of the current assignee?

Dan Cormick November 17, 2013

Using OnDemand I'd like to have our design issues assigned to our design lead when staff drag the items into the QA column in Agile boards. I'd like to use the same workflow to do the same for our developers.

Can this be done using the current conditions and validators? I can get it to work for a single role but not multiple roles.

I need something like

if Role = Designers assign to Design Lead

else if Role = Developers assing to Dev Lead

Is this possible without having to have a separate column and workflow step for each Role?

Cheers,
Dan.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Cormick December 3, 2013

Not possible so closing.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

You can script this using script runner and add a post function.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Oh my bad! Didn't notice the ondemand tag.

Dan Cormick November 17, 2013

Thanks Renjith. I had tagged this question for OnDemand only so I suspect this answer isn't relevant. I have edited my question to also clarify.

Suggest an answer