• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Is it possible, on Agile Boards (OnDemand) when dragging into a column, to assign an issue to a different user depending on the Role of the current assignee?

Is it possible, on Agile Boards (OnDemand) when dragging into a column, to assign an issue to a different user depending on the Role of the current assignee?

Using OnDemand I'd like to have our design issues assigned to our design lead when staff drag the items into the QA column in Agile boards. I'd like to use the same workflow to do the same for our developers.

Can this be done using the current conditions and validators? I can get it to work for a single role but not multiple roles.

I need something like

if Role = Designers assign to Design Lead

else if Role = Developers assing to Dev Lead

Is this possible without having to have a separate column and workflow step for each Role?

Cheers,
Dan.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Not possible so closing.

You can script this using script runner and add a post function.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Oh my bad! Didn't notice the ondemand tag.

Thanks Renjith. I had tagged this question for OnDemand only so I suspect this answer isn't relevant. I have edited my question to also clarify.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,379 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you