Is it possible in JSD approval transition to add additional conditions?

Alexander Yordanov April 5, 2019

Hi,

I have the follow case: I have setup approvals on a status with approve/decline transitions. On the Approve transition I also want to have additional condition where a custom field has specific value. I'm using the JSU value condition but it seems it's not working even tho it is set.

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 14.43.01.png

"User Story Status" is custom single line text field. And i want to force the value to be "Ready for Production" before approving.

I also tried with Regex field validator but no success.

Screenshot 2019-04-05 at 15.01.36.png

As you can see the "Approve" transition is still there and I can still approve.

---

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2019

Hello Alexander,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Checking on my JIRA instance, the Value field condition seems to be properly working. That been said, please check the following steps to properly troubleshoot it:

- Double-check if you are properly publishing your workflow draft after configuring the Condition

- Once you configure the condition and navigate to the issue, refresh the issue page just to ensure you are not having an application cache problem

- Double-check if you have added the condition in the workflow that is used for the issue type you are testing

- Once you configure the condition, try to use a different browser and in incognito mode to ensure you are not facing a browser cache problem

- Try to re-index your project once you configure the condition. P.S: I recommend you to perform it in a non-production time since the re-index can cause some slowness depending on the number of issues you have

- Check your workflows integrity

Let me know if the suggestions above helped you.

Rodolfo April 15, 2019

Hi Petterson,

I have the same problem and I have validated every item in your checklist. I'm using Jira Software 7.13.2 with JSD 3.16.2. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hello Rodolfo,

Thank you for your feedback.

Have you tried to move the Value field condition before the approve conditions?

I think that maybe the order of the conditions are not correct since the approval must be performed after the Value field is configured.

@Alexander Yordanov please check if this information helps you as well.

Suggest an answer