Is it possible for the Issue Collector to set Fix Versions?

Roei February 3, 2015

We really like the idea of using the Issue Collector but it's crucial for us to auto-set the Fix Version of every issue created by the Issue Collector. Reading the documentation it appears that it might only be doable via custom javascript which I tried but Issue Collector is showing errors.

Has anyone managed to successfully configure the Issue Collector to auto-set the Fix Version field?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015
Roei February 3, 2015

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the prompt feedback. 

I don't have the technical knowledge to fully understand your solution, or how to go about implementing it on my end.

Would you mind providing more details?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

The example is a javascript file you can include in any page (as long as jQuery is there), the first lines get the issue collector from JIRA (you can get the right URL in your issue collector settings. The functions below set fields in the issue collector form, e.g. window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = jQuery.extend(window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS, { '19153ff3' : triggerFunction : function( showCollectorDialog ) { jQuery('#collectBug').click( function(e) { e.preventDefault(); showCollectorDialog(); }); } , fieldValues: { versions : "10400", } } modifies the issue collector which was loaded by the ID 19153ff3 in that way, that is is shown when you click on an element with the ID "collectBug" and sets the version field in the for to the version with the ID 10400. Of course you have to include the field in the issue collector definition in JIRA - otherwise this would not work. Maybe you could just give it a try as far as you understand and post an example of what you have so far here...

Roei February 4, 2015

Thank you very much! this definitely explained it for me. will try it out and let you know the results soon.

Roei February 4, 2015

Forgot to mention the fields I have configured in the Issue Collector form: Summary Description Priority Attachment Name Email

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

When I try your testfrom I receive the error errors":{"versions":"Version with id 'Hosted Tools - Phase 2' does not exist."}} You have to use the ID for the version and not the name. You can find the id by looking at the links on the project version tab.

Roei February 5, 2015

Where were you able to find the error message "errors":{"versions":"Version with id 'Hosted Tools - Phase 2' does not exist."}}"?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2015

Sorry for the long delay - I looked in the response object with the deveopment tools of my browser (F12 in chrome)

Roei February 10, 2015

Thank you Thomas, next time I get errors I'll keep an eye for this object. Your solutions works like a charm! thank you very much for all your help.

Roei February 10, 2015

Thomas, one last question. your solution sets the Affected Version. Is there a way to set the Fix Version rather?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2015

Just set it in a regular JIRA create issue action and look at the POST with the development tools (F12 as said before) - there you can see the parameter which is send.

Suggest an answer